and on the first day...


...there is a blog post.

Hello, welcome to my blog.

I decided to start this blog in order to have a central focus for all my projects, writings and random fancies. I also decided to start this blog because I wanted to use it as a space to intellectually challenge myself. I have been working full-time for six months now and I seem to have hit a bit of a rut.

I mostly plan to write about my craft projects - my main one being a cross stitch of Van Gogh's Starry Night  - as well as writing reviews for movies, tv shows and books. This is something I have wanted to do for some time, but I have recently returned to the Church of Wittertainment (shout out to any other Wittertainees) which really inspired me to actually do it.

Another page that I would like to develop is a photography page. Photography has always been an interest of mine, and in the recent past I travelled for around 8 months. I'm generally pretty proud of the photos that I took, and would like to put them on here with any associated stories.

Like most people, I hope to become a better writer and inspire myself to pursue my interests. The idea of creating a blog seemed a great way to realise this goal, and helped to satisfy my graphic design bug. I was not naturally into graphic design, but my previous, casual job (and inspiring boss) taught me some great skills. At the moment I am obsessed with art deco influenced patterns and design. I recently moved house and purchased this gorgeous Sheridan quilt cover, the item that kicked off this love affair.

Anyway, this is just a beginning and I really hope to expand the blog generally and generate interesting content.

truly.

sheridan.

2 comments

© Fun to Funghi. Design by Fearne.